Monday, October 11, 2010

Discrimination and Tolerance

At the barn where I go for riding lessons, there are some riders that have a disability. They take their time to get ready to tack up the horse and sometimes I have to wait longer for them to finish or clean up after the horse and sometimes I have to help them.


They cannot always ride the horse the way I might but the horse doesn't mind and is tolerant with them. The horse has a strong sense that this person has a disability is patient with them. People at the barn do not make fun of the riders with disabilities. They have tolerance and always help.


My riding teacher does not discriminate agaisnt them either and encourages them as much as she does to us.


I think that if people were more tolerant of each other even though it might not be the way you are used to doing things it would make a huge difference in the world.


It is not nice to discriminate agaisnt anybody because of their race, religion, rich, poor or how they look and dress.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent post, Holly! I absolutely agree. I think if everyone in the world was just a little more tolerant, our world would be a very different place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You still have the 'word verification' option turned on for posting comments. Next time we work on our blogs in class I will show you how to turn this function off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I think that it's realy cool that you ride horses.

    ReplyDelete